Saturday, October 31, 2020

NaNoWriMo 2020 + The Land of Dreams Series

 Hello!

I thought I'd do NaNoWriMo again this year, despite being busier than ever at work. Last year was my first time doing it and while I already had about 5000 words written of a story, I ended up with a completed story with a total of 77000+ words.

I'm someone who does well under pressure (despite hating being under pressure), but NaNo made it fun. This year I'm part of a writing group with a few Wattpad employees and well-known writers on the platform and I've convinced a few ti give it a go. Having friends on NaNoWriMo is a great idea because you can see their progress and they can see yours, so it's a great way of feeling like you're being held accountable to write.

I'm approaching the end of my 2019 NaNoWriMo novel "Apollo's Prophecy" on Wattpad. As I mentioned before, the novel was completed last year, but I did do a quick edit to get rid of the glaring spelling errors. Since the Spring I've been uploading one chapter each week to Wattpad. Below is the cover image:



While my audience on the platform has severely depleted from my 'golden' days and I was very nervous and conscious at the start, I did manage to collect a small group of wonderful and supportive readers who made me realize how much I missed posting on the platform. They stuck around, even during a three (possibly four) week hiatus when I was moving and preparing for my wedding.

Now my plan is to write book two in the 'Immortal Love' series. I'm going to keep them up on Wattpad for free, but I also want to see if I could polish it up, include the mature scenes that aren't on Wattpad, and self-publish for a dollar on Amazon to see if people like it enough to purchase a copy.

2020 was a big year for my books. I released the second AND third novels in my "The Land of Dreams" series, two years after publishing the first. I finally created a banner with all three books on it for social media.


Isn't that fun?

Anyway, check out my "The Land of Dreams" series on Amazon, and all of the other places you can purchase it!

I hope to do weekly blog post or video updates talking about NaNo so I'll be sure to share that information here!

Happy writing!